Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Towel Day & End-o-May-Way - On to June Tune

22
Get a volcano bowl at a tiki bar

Curtain rods that wait for weight

TIL: the Matheran line is also in line for UNESCO World Heritage status (while writing/typing for IRCTC)

23
Case study for Google? Maybe I’ll get some author credit for this, if not for the Maharajas’ Express travel blogs and such. My words are mine anyway, what’s a byline gonna do, especially for the nonchalant tech ones I’ve spewed out loquaciously (in a manner of ‘speaking’, of course, considering I’ve often just said things to myself about the droll topic at hand and typed them out along with the responses of my sleep-addled brain).

24
Opened the inbox to be told that it’s an only-IRCTC project day today. Time will tell.

Finished the Frasier scripts. Touching and opportune end to the storylines of the alienist analyst and his family. Now on to Seinfeld, and other shows which preferably have references like Frasier did.

Murdoch Mysteries involves a lot of historical figures…

It’s Towel day tomorrow! I shall be traveling by train with my towel to the town of Katra, en route Vaishno Devi via helicopter! Let the fun commence!

I can’t recall where I was thinking (or writing after finding out) about the Tunic of Nessus, but apparently the blood of the centaur Nessus was only obtained by Hercules after killing Nessus with an arrow tipped with Hydra’s vitriolic blood.


25 May – Towel Day!
Samantha Cristoforetti made the most of her ISS trip not just in scientific terms but also in 42 terms.

Tau Ceta is linked to Perseus rescuing Andromeda from a cetus/sea monster. Perseus before Hercules, 4 generations according to Isocrates (I, Socrates? :D).

Stumbled onto Glomar response (neither confirm nor deny) from Project Azorian (CIA) from Nova (TV series) from Family Guy (The Sun Also Draws). Peter Griffin watches Frasier in Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater :D.

Leonardo da Vinci’s world map of octants.

Embarking on the Vaishno Devi trip with slight trepidation, mostly unexplainable but slightly due to the reason I started jobbing again. 



29
Back from Jammu-Katra-Reasi-Akhnoor.

SpaceX Dragon is named for Puff the Magic Dragon.

Warhol filmed Salvador Dali upon his visit to The Factory.

The owner of the company quite understandably appreciates my written word, leading to slightly nauseous euphoria, which is promptly offset by the utter stupidity of the IRCTC liaison, who (along with the luminaries at IRCTC) has hay for brains and zero constructive input.

30
Douglas Trumbull of 2001 fame desisted from filmmaking after Natalie Wood’s death.

Dharamshala is a location in Close Encounters of the Third Kind (but those scenes were shot near Bombay (now Mumbai). Curwen hand signs (used in the climax) have ‘doh’ as the strong/firm tone, but I’m reminded of Homer (Simpson, not the ancient Greek). George Hopkins parachuted on to the Devil’s Tower IRL!

Conan the Librarian was used in Monty Python’s Flying Circus :D

It is now almost 6 pm, and I run across a parody of Natalie Wood’s death in Family Guy [Cleveland Loretta Quagmire]. How do these things I read about keep spiraling into each other? It’s just a coincidence, I know, not a quandary, and it elates me somewhat in these surroundings of less-than-erudite people.


31
The techie guy seems to have a handle on what he is writing back as inputs. One less dunderhead to deal with, hopefully. Will finish off recapping the fam trip to Vaishno Devi and simultaneously tick one off the IRCTC tourist destinations chart/table/grid.

The litany of laity

I hope to see the Hemis monastery festival in Ladakh when the next Year of the Monkey rolls around in 2028.

Philip K Dick used Aboriginal dreamtime in explaining V.A.L.I.S.

Ideas and thoughts can perennate.

Aaron Paul [Dick’s Big Giant Headache Pt 2], Bryan Cranston [Paranoid Dick] and Bob Odenkirk [The Fifth Solomon; 100th episode] were in 3rd Rock From The Sun! :D

Can’t recall writing the synopses/reviews on IMDb for The Twilight Zone, Synecdoche, New York, Frasier [which I ‘read’ in the past month], Breaking Bad and True Detective. Robert Downey Sr. appeared in the episode of Twilight Zone that I have reviewed succinctly – ‘Wordplay’.

Studio Ghibli was founded by Isao and Hayao exactly two months before my birth. I’ll take that. I’ll take less than that, any day, for adding reasons to remain positive, instead of succumbing to ignominy and the drivel of other people who have not much to do except B –ve [my blood type]. The Tale of Princess Kaguya has the Buddha in the story, about whom I have recently read hours’ worth of webpages.


May Way has come to an end for 2018. On to June Tune!










No comments: